Currently, the library can offer only 16 study spaces due to the renovation of the library and the COVID-19 pandemic. A reservation is required. The study spaces are for single use only and are part of the interim library. You can reach the interim library in the basement via the side entrance on Garystrasse.
The following study spaces are available:
Desk 1 to 3: with Windows PC (without printing option) - booking only for FUB members
Desk 4 and 5: with ThinClient research device (with print option) - booking for all library users
Desk 6 to 16: you have to bring your own laptop / mobile device (electricity and WiFi (FUB members only) are available) - booking for all library users
- FUB members can book a study space directly via an online calendar.
- External library users can book a study space using a separate online form and have to wait for a confirmation of the reservation.
- Reservations are possible in advance for the next 14 days for one day a week per user.
- The booking is valid for one opening day: Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The reserved and occupied desks are marked.
- A booked study space that is not required should be canceled so that other interested users can work in the library.
- Please wear mouth and nose protection in the building and keep the required distance of 1.50 m from other people. Mouth and nose protection are not required while seated at the desk.
- Drinks are allowed. Eating is not permitted.
- The desks are cleaned every morning before the rooms are opened.
- Personal data are only visible to the user himself and the room administrators. The data is used exclusively for contact tracking and the traceability of infection chains in the event that a SARS-CoV-2 infection should occur during the time or location of the visit and will be deleted after four weeks (information on data protection) in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for mandatory contact tracking within the meaning of the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance.
Steps to reserve a study space for FU member:
- Login with FU account.
- Choose an available date and desk.
- Fill in the necessary fields of the form.
- At any time, you can edit or delete the reservation.
The confirmation email must be presented to the lending desk of the library before using the study space.
Notes: Unfortunately, due to construction work (library renovation), there may be noise pollution. Before you arrive, please bear in mind that the cafeterias only offer limited services or are closed. Please refer to the website of the Studierendenwerk Berlin for more information.
Do you have further questions? Write to us: email@example.com.