Study spaces in the interim library - reservation required
Currently, the library can offer only 16 study spaces due to the renovation of the library and the COVID-19 pandemic. The study spaces are located in the basement of the building. To use the study spaces, please present proof of a recent negative Covid-19 Test, a vaccination certificate or a certificate of recovery. A reservation is necessary.
The following study spaces are available (Mon-Fri 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.):
Desk 1 to 2: with ThinClient research device - booking with library account or FU account
Desk 3 to 4: with Windows PC - booking with FU account
Desk 5: with Windows PC - booking with FU account, only for members of the School of Business and Economics
Desk 6 to 16: you have to bring your own laptop / mobile device (electricity and WiFi are available) - booking with library account or FU account
The online reservation works as follows:
A study space can be booked Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m for 1 - 11 hours a day up to 5 days a week. Please claim the booked space until 6:00 p.m. Reservations are possible in advance for the next 7 days.
- Login with FU account or library account.
If you don't have a library account, contact us under: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member of the FU should use the FU account to book a study space.
- Choose an available date and desk.
- Fill in the necessary fields of the form.
- At any time, you can edit or delete the reservation.
- Before using a study space, a prior check-in at the lending desk is required. Please present the booking information, and either proof of a recent negative Covid-19 test, a vaccination certificate or a certificate of recovery to the team at the lending desk.
- The 3G rule applies to the whole building. It is required to wear a medical mask on the way to your study space.
- The reserved and occupied desks are marked.
- Keep the required distance of 1.50 m from other people.
- It is required to regularly open the windows for ventilation in the reading room, even when the outside temperature is cold and/or when it is raining. The windows can be opened independently for ventilation.
- Drinks are allowed.
- Eating is not permitted.
- The desks are cleaned every morning before the rooms are opened.
- Personal data are only visible to the user himself and the room administrators. The data is used exclusively for contact tracking and the traceability of infection chains in the event that a SARS-CoV-2 infection should occur during the time or location of the visit and will be deleted after four weeks (information on data protection) in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for mandatory contact tracking within the meaning of the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance.
- A booked study space that is not required should be canceled so that other interested users can work in the library.
Where and how do I get information and advice?
Information and advice is available contact-free from Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. via telephone 030 838 52117, email email@example.com or via a consultation hour (by arrangement).
Notes: Unfortunately, due to construction work (library renovation), there may be noise pollution. Before you arrive, please bear in mind that the cafeterias only offer limited services or are closed. Please refer to the website of the Studierendenwerk Berlin for more information.
Do you have further questions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.