Study spaces in the interim library - reservation required
Currently, the library can offer only 36 study spaces due to the renovation of the library and the COVID-19 pandemic. A reservation is required. The study spaces are for single use only and are part of the interim library. You can reach the interim library in the basement via the side entrance on Garystrasse.
The following study spaces are available (Mon-Fri 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.):
Interim reading room
Desk 1 to 2: with ThinClient research device - booking with library account or FU account
Desk 3 to 16: you have to bring your own laptop / mobile device (electricity and WiFi are available) - booking with library account or FU account
Computer room 1 (just for students/members of the School of Business & Economics)
Desk 17 to 26: with Windows PC - booking only for FU students/members of the School of Business & Economics
Computer room 2 (just for students/members of the School of Business & Economics)
Desk 27 to 36: with Windows PC - booking only for students/members of the School of Business & Economics
The online reservation works as follows:
- Login with FU account or library account.
- Member of the FU should use the FU account to book a study space.
- Choose an available date and desk.
- Fill in the necessary fields of the form.
- At any time, you can edit or delete the reservation.
A study space can be booked from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and/or from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Reservations are possible in advance for the next 7 days. The confirmation email must be presented to the lending desk of the library before using the study space.
- The reserved and occupied desks are marked.
- A booked study space that is not required should be canceled so that other interested users can work in the library.
- Please wear mouth and nose protection in the building and at the study space.
- Keep the required distance of 1.50 m from other people.
- Drinks are only allowed in the interim reading room.
- It is required to regularly open the windows for ventilation in the reading room and in the computer rooms, even when the outside temperature is cold and/or when it is raining. The windows can be opened independently for ventilation.
- Eating is not permitted.
- The desks are cleaned every morning before the rooms are opened.
- Personal data are only visible to the user himself and the room administrators. The data is used exclusively for contact tracking and the traceability of infection chains in the event that a SARS-CoV-2 infection should occur during the time or location of the visit and will be deleted after four weeks (information on data protection) in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for mandatory contact tracking within the meaning of the SARS-CoV-2 Infection Protection Ordinance.
Where and how do I get information and advice?
Information and advice is available contact-free from Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. via telephone 030 838 52117, email firstname.lastname@example.org or via a consultation hour (by arrangement).
Notes: Unfortunately, due to construction work (library renovation), there may be noise pollution. Before you arrive, please bear in mind that the cafeterias only offer limited services or are closed. Please refer to the website of the Studierendenwerk Berlin for more information.
Do you have further questions? Write to us: email@example.com.