Center for Area Studies, Post-Doctoral Fellow
Freie Universität Berlin
Professur für Personalpolitik
Raum K 037
Organizational sociology and neo-instituional theory.
Political sociology and elite theory.
Sociology of knowledge and the professions.
Ph.D., Sociology and Anthropology, Tel Aviv University. Doctoral Dissertation: Seizing on Responsibility: Business Elite Mobilization and the Creation of the “Corporate Responsibility” Framework in the United States, 1945-1959.
M.A., The Cohn Institute for History and Philosophy of Science and Ideas, Tel Aviv University. Thesis: Triple Movement: Normative Regulation of the Capitalist Economy.
B.A., Political Science and Management, Tel Aviv University.
- Kaplan, Rami (2015) “Who Has Been Regulating Whom through ‘Corporate Responsibility,’ Business, or Society? The Mid-20th-Century Institutionalization Project of CR in the United States.” Socio-Economic Review, 13 (1), 125-155.
- Kaplan, Rami (Forthcoming) “‘Corporate Responsibility’ as a Social Construction: The Constitution of the Business and Society Relationship in Mid-20th-Century United States”. in Kedar Ronit and Ofer Sitbon (ed.), Corporate Social Responsibility in Israel. Resling.
- Kaplan, Rami (2014) “The Call of the Protest: Political Lexicon (2011-).” Israeli Sociology. (Book Review)
- Kaplan, Rami (2010) “Regulation”. Mafte’akh: Lexical Review of Political Thought, 1: 179-212.
- Levy, David L. and Kaplan, Rami (2008) "Corporate Social Responsibility and Theories of Global Governance: Strategic Contestation in Global Issue Arenas". in A. Crane, A. McWilliams, D. Matten, J. Moon, and D. Siegel (Ed.), Oxford Handbook of Corporate Social Responsibility. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Grossman, Guy and Kaplan, Rami (2006) "Courage to Refuse". Peace Review: A Journal of Social Justice, 18(2): 189–197.
- Kaplan, Rami, Seizing on Responsibility: Business Elite Mobilization and the Evolution of the Corporate Responsibility Institution, 1900-2010. Book manuscript.
- Kaplan, Rami and Kinderman, Daniel, Neocolonial and Neoliberal Globalizations of ‘Corporate Responsibility’: The Cases of Venezuela, the Philippines, U.K., and Poland. .
- Kaplan, Rami and Gond, Jean-Pascal, “The Dynamics of Knowledge throughout Organizational Change: Business School Theorization of the ‘Corporate Responsibility’ Management Model Before and After its Institutionalization, 1945-1960.
- Kaplan, Rami. PR-informed Institutional Change: The Case of Corporate Responsibility.