International Annual Conference of the German Operations Research Society (OR 2012)
Special attention at the conference will be given to the three topics Energy, Markets and Mobility.
- Climate-neutral production, transportation, storage and use of energy lead to numerous new research questions for OR.
- Understanding and managing financial markets as well as markets for goods and services challenge OR experts - think of the recent financial crisis or the current food crisis.
- More and more people demand mobility, over both short and long distances. New mobility concepts that are both efficient and sustainable need to be understood and managed.
The OR 2012 conference in Hannover will address these topics from an OR perspective, treating them not only in isolation, but also with respect to their numerous and exciting interconnections, such as:
- New energy for new mobility concepts
- New market mechanisms for sustainable energy production
to name but a few. We will draw on the vast local expertise to organize an exciting and truly interdisciplinary conference in Hannover.
As in former years, the conference will also provide ample opportunities to present OR-related research results in 18 different streams, representing both the many problem-oriented and the methodological aspects of Operations Research as a rich and vivid academic field.
Zeit & Ort
04.09.2012 - 07.09.2012