(10140101 / 10140102)
|Type||Lecture / Tutorial|
|ECTS||6 ECTS (Master)|
Module in the Master's Program
- Economics: Macroeconomic Analysis
- Public Economics: Macroeconomic Analysis
This course introduces state-of-the-art dynamic macroeconomic models based on microfoundations. We discuss growth and business cycle models. Theory is accompanied by applications using the software Matlab.
- Stylized facts on economic growth and business cycles
- From old to modern macroeconomics
- Refresher: IS-LM and AS-AD
- The Lucas critique
- Refresher: The Solow growth model
- Consumption and saving
- Endogenizing the consumption-saving decision
- The neoclassical growth model
- The Ramsey-Cass-Koopmans-model
- Model applications in theory and practice
- Business cycles in the neoclassical growth model
- Introducing the real business cycle model
- Solving the model
- Model properties and the Hansen model as extension
- Critical discussion
- Endogenous growth
- The AK-model
- The Romer model(s)
Examination form: Exam
Contact: Prof. Dr. Britta Gehrke and Erik Dasenbrock, email@example.com
- Romer, David: Advanced Macroeconomics, 5th Edition, 2019.
- Niepelt, Dirk: Macroeconomic Analysis, 2019.
- Acemoglu, Daron: Introduction to Modern Economic Growth, 2009.