Principles of Business Administration (GPP)
|Contact Person||Prof. Dr. Martin Gersch, Catharina Werner, Fabian Rappert|
|Semester||every Winter & Summer semester|
|Scope of Course||4 hours per week; Workload: 150h / Semester|
|Number of Places||120|
To enroll, register for the course with the Campus Management system during the registration period. Please note that the number of participants is limited!
As an E-Learning-based project seminar, this module consists of lectures, team, and online courses that have to be completed in the same semester. Several different dates and times will be offered for the team exercises.
The assignment of teams and the different time slots will take place during the semester's first lecture (19 October 2021). We will try to respect individual preferences as far as possible.
The first lecture will take place in presence on the 19 October 2021 in HS105 between 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
This module is aimed at students in the GPP area of their respective Bachelor level course of studies.
Topic overview, based on the partial model of Wirtz 2001:
- Market model (What is the relevant market? What is the market potential? Demand, competition, framework)
- Performance-supply-model (How can the needs of the demanding group be satisfied? Tangible and intangible services)
- Performance-creation-model (How are performance supplies realized? Input factors, resources, competences)
- Distribution and acquisition model (Which sales channels are rivals and which are complementary? Sales in distribution channels)
- Organization and cooperation model (How is a company structured? How do operations work within an organization? internal and external service provider)
- Capital model (What does a revenue model or a financial model look like? Financial resources, capital requirement)
Whole group: starting from 19 Ocober 2021, every Tuesday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. online. Link is available in the Blackboard.
First lecture will be in presence on the 19 October 2021 between 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. in HS105.
Practice groups: (assignment to groups will be announced before the first practice date)
The practice dates and take place every Tuesday until the semester ends. Two alternative dates are available:
Tue 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (online)
Tue 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (online)