Lecturer: Bastian Amberg
Credits: 6 ECTS
Bachelor's degree programs
The module consists of three subsections: Technology, applications and fundamentals of system developments:
- Fundamentals of operational user systems: support levels, architecture, standard operational software with examples of use.
- System platforms and networking: computer architectures, especially client-server architectures, von Neumann architecture, total cost of ownership of systems, EDI, computer networks, smart card technologies
- Internet technologies: World Wide Web, HTML, http protocol, web browsers and "plug-ins", web applications and web services.
- Electronic Business (EB): definitions and delimitation of terms, development phases and forms of EB, digital products, electronic commerce, payment systems, security aspects, consequences and problems of EB
- Decision support systems: Overview of common methods of quantitative decision support (optimization, simulation, business intelligence), basics of modeling business decision situations using mathematical optimization, use of optimization software.
- Development of computer-based information systems: methods, techniques and principles for system development, modeling of business processes, data view and data design, data modeling, algorithms, Python as programming language
- Databases: relational database systems, SQL, relational database design, handling data, business intelligence, (Explainable) AI.
- The content of the module is taught through a lecture and an accompanying tutorial. The module requires that exercises are solved independently on the PC.
Lecture with integrated exercises
Co-course: Tutorials on business informatics