Ausgewählte Themen der Managementforschung (Selected Topics in Management Research): Behavioral Foundations of Management
This research seminar will address a number of different behavioral issues that concern firms’ upper echelons in management and corporate governance. Throughout the course, we will study the socio-psychological mechanisms of top managers and board members that influence behavior relevant to the leadership of firms. Topics will include personalities and values of top managers, composition of top management teams, executive compensation, the interplay between boards and top managers, legitimacy and institutional logics, social learning, reciprocity and social exchange, status and power.
Language of the class will be English. Presentations and seminar papers can be handed in either in English or German.
Dates and locations:
- Tuesday 15.06.2021 16:00-19:00
- Tuesday 22.06.2021 16:00-19:00
- Tuesday 29.06.2021 16:00-19:00
- Friday 16.07.2021 09:00-18:00
- All appointments take place online and SYNCHRONOUSLY.
Presentation (ca. 20 min.) with written elaboration (ca. 5 000 words)
- Presentation on 16.07.2021
- Submission of the written darft on 06.08.2021