Accommodation options for Exchange Students
Berlin is one of the most popular student cities worldwide, its housing situation is very competitive and apartment hunting can become wearisome.
Please start your search for housing options as soon as possible.
- Freie Universität Berlin offers an accommodation service for exchange students
- The Berlin Student Union (Studierendenwerk Berlin) manages about 40 residences with approximately 10.500 rooms in all parts of Berlin. If interested, you can apply at the residence portal of the Studierendenwerk Berlin with your student ID or, if this is not yet available, your admission notice and proof of payment of the semester fees.
- The Student Village Schlachtensee offers furnished accommodation for students close to our campus. With various shopping facilities and public transportation connections close-by, their apartments are a good option for those who seek a quiet yet well-connected living experience in the green southwestern parts of the city.
- The House of Nations offers rooms and apartments in different parts of town.
- The registered society Förderkreis Junge Politik e.V. offers student rooms located in the city center at reasonable costs.
- Additional options for accommodation in Berlin include shared apartments or regular flats may be searched for on these sites:
- A very comfortable yet expensive alternative is the Student Hotel located at Alexanderplatz
Other sources of useful information are the housing ads in the leading local newspapers and magazines such as Berliner Zeitung, Berliner Morgenpost, Tagesspiegel, Zitty and Tip.