Prof. Dr. Miriam Flickinger
Freie Universität Berlin
Department of Management
Chair of Organization
Full Professor and Head of the Chair
Prof. Flickinger’s consultation hours are generally on Wednesdays between 10 and 12 o'clock. For changes please refer to the homepage under "News". In order to use the appointment time as efficiently as possible, we ask you to register in advance by e-mail and briefly describe your request.
|Since Jan 20||
Full Professor and Head of the Chair of Organization, Freie Universität Berlin
Part-time professor, Department of Management
|Oct 18 - Dec 19||
Full Professor of Management,
Oct 17 - Jul 19: Deputy Head of Section Organization, Strategy, and Accounting
|Apr 17 - Sep 18||Associate Professor of Management,
Aarhus University, Department of Management
|May 16 - Mar 17||
Interim Full Professor (W3) and Acting Head of Institute for Strategic Management
Feb 2017: Completion of German Habilitation and bestowal of teaching credentials (Venia Legendi) from LMU University of Munich
|Apr 14 - Apr 16||Assistant Professor, Munich School of Management
LMU University of Munich
Institute for Strategic Management
Prof. Dr. Anja Tuschke
|Sep 10 - Jul 14||
Assistant Professor, University of Passau
Apr 13 – Oct 13: Visiting Scholar Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
|Oct 09 - Aug 10||Communications & Government Relations, BASF SE, Berlin|
|Nov 08 - Sep 09||Strategy Consultant, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen|
|Oct 03 - Sep 08||
Research Assistant and PhD Program, University of Passau
|Nov 96 - Dec 02||Graduate Degree Program, University of Passau, Germany
- Resipient 2016 Best Teaching Award for Bavarian Public Universities
- Recipient 2016 LMU Munich School of Management Best Teaching Award
- Recipient 2009 Best Dissertation Award, University of Passau
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- International Corporate Governance Society
- European Academy of Management
- European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management
- German Academic Association of Business Research (VHB) (WK Organisation, WK Strategisches Management und WK Personal)
Editorial Board Corporate Governance: An International Review
Editorial Board Schmalenbach Journal of Business Research
Articles in refereed journals:
- Mueller, E. F., & Flickinger, M. (2021): It's a Family Affair: How Social Identification Influences Family CEO Compensation, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 29: 461-478.
- Schulz, A.-C. & Flickinger, M. (2020): Does CEO (Over)Compensation Influence Corporate Reputation? Review of Managerial Science, 14(4): 903-927.
- Flickinger, M. & Zschoche, M. (2018): Corporate Divestiture and Performance: An Institutional View, Journal of Management & Governance, 22(1): 111-131.
- Bottenberg, K., Tuschke, A., & Flickinger, M. (2017): Corporate Governance Between Shareholder and Stakeholder Orientation: Lessons from Germany, Journal of Management Inquiry, 26(2): 165-180.
- Flickinger, M. (2016): Timing ist alles! Desinvestitionen richtig kommunizieren, Controlling & Management Review, 60(5): 44-49.
- Flickinger, M., Wrage, M., Tuschke, A., & Bresser, R. (2016): How CEOs Protect Themselves against Dismissal: A Social Status Perspective, Strategic Management Journal, 37(6): 1107-1117.
- Flickinger, M., Allscher, M., & Fiedler, M. (2016): The Mediating Role of Leader-Member Exchange: A Study of Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intentions in Temporary Work, Human Resource Management Journal, 26(1): 46-62.
- Müller, E., Flickinger, M., & Dorner, V. (2015): Knowledge Junkies or Careerbuilders? A Mixed-Methods Approach to Exploring the Determinants of Students’ Intention to Earn a PhD, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 90(8): 75-89.
- Flickinger, M., Tuschke, A., Gruber-Mücke, T, & Fiedler, M. (2014): In Search of Rigor, Relevance, and Legitimacy – What Drives the Impact of Publications? Journal of Business Economics, 84(1): 99-128.
- Flickinger, M., Gruber-Mücke, T., & Fiedler, M. (2013): The Linkage between Human Resource Practices and Organizational Ambidexterity – An Analysis of the Importance of Internal Labor Market Dynamics for a Highly Qualified External Workforce, Journal of Business Economics, 83(8): 923-946.
Books and book chapters:
- Flickinger, M. & Klarner, P. (2016): Trustworthiness in Interorganizational Change Processes: Lessons from Selling Assets, Schriesheim, C. A. & Neider, L. L. (eds.) Research in Management: Perspectives on Organizational Change and Transformations, 11: 45-76.
- Flickinger, M. (2009): The Institutionalization of Divestitures: A Meta-Analysis of Stock Market Performance, Gabler Verlag, Wiesbaden.