Prof. Dr. Miriam Flickinger
Freie Universität Berlin
Department of Management
Chair of Organization
Full Professor and Head of the Chair
There will be no consultation hours during Winterterm 23/24 due to Prof. Flickinger’s research semester.
|Since Jan 20||
Full Professor and Head of the Chair of Organization, Freie Universität Berlin
|Jan 20- Nov 22||
Part-time professor, Department of Management
Aarhus University, Aarhus Denmark
|Oct 18 - Dec 19||
Full Professor of Management,
Oct 17 - Jul 19: Deputy Head of Section Organization, Strategy, and Accounting
|Apr 17 - Sep 18||Associate Professor of Management,
Aarhus University, Department of Management
|May 16 - Mar 17||
Interim Full Professor (W3) and Acting Head of Institute for Strategic Management
Feb 2017: Completion of German Habilitation and bestowal of teaching credentials (Venia Legendi) from LMU University of Munich
|Apr 14 - Apr 16||Assistant Professor, Munich School of Management
LMU University of Munich
Institute for Strategic Management
Prof. Dr. Anja Tuschke
|Sep 10 - Jul 14||
Assistant Professor, University of Passau
Apr 13 – Oct 13: Visiting Scholar Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
|Oct 09 - Aug 10||Communications & Government Relations, BASF SE, Berlin|
|Nov 08 - Sep 09||Strategy Consultant, BASF SE, Ludwigshafen|
|Oct 03 - Sep 08||
Research Assistant and PhD Program, University of Passau
|Nov 96 - Dec 02||Graduate Degree Program, University of Passau, Germany
- Resipient 2016 Best Teaching Award for Bavarian Public Universities
- Recipient 2016 LMU Munich School of Management Best Teaching Award
- Recipient 2009 Best Dissertation Award, University of Passau
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- International Corporate Governance Society
- European Academy of Management
- European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management
- German Academic Association of Business Research (VHB) (WK Organisation, WK Strategisches Management und WK Personal)
Editorial Board Corporate Governance: An International Review
Editorial Board Schmalenbach Journal of Business Research
Articles in refereed journals:
- Flickinger, Miriam, and Miriam Zschoche (2023): The Interplay of Subsidiary Performance and Cultural Distance in International Downsizing Decisions, Schmalenbach Journal of Business Research, 75: 127-147.
- Mueller, E. F., & Flickinger, M. (2021): It's a Family Affair: How Social Identification Influences Family CEO Compensation, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 29: 461-478.
- Schulz, A.-C. & Flickinger, M. (2020): Does CEO (Over)Compensation Influence Corporate Reputation? Review of Managerial Science, 14(4): 903-927.
- Flickinger, M. & Zschoche, M. (2018): Corporate Divestiture and Performance: An Institutional View, Journal of Management & Governance, 22(1): 111-131.
- Bottenberg, K., Tuschke, A., & Flickinger, M. (2017): Corporate Governance Between Shareholder and Stakeholder Orientation: Lessons from Germany, Journal of Management Inquiry, 26(2): 165-180.
- Flickinger, M. (2016): Timing ist alles! Desinvestitionen richtig kommunizieren, Controlling & Management Review, 60(5): 44-49.
- Flickinger, M., Wrage, M., Tuschke, A., & Bresser, R. (2016): How CEOs Protect Themselves against Dismissal: A Social Status Perspective, Strategic Management Journal, 37(6): 1107-1117.
- Flickinger, M., Allscher, M., & Fiedler, M. (2016): The Mediating Role of Leader-Member Exchange: A Study of Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intentions in Temporary Work, Human Resource Management Journal, 26(1): 46-62.
- Müller, E., Flickinger, M., & Dorner, V. (2015): Knowledge Junkies or Careerbuilders? A Mixed-Methods Approach to Exploring the Determinants of Students’ Intention to Earn a PhD, Journal of Vocational Behavior, 90(8): 75-89.
- Flickinger, M., Tuschke, A., Gruber-Mücke, T, & Fiedler, M. (2014): In Search of Rigor, Relevance, and Legitimacy – What Drives the Impact of Publications? Journal of Business Economics, 84(1): 99-128.
- Flickinger, M., Gruber-Mücke, T., & Fiedler, M. (2013): The Linkage between Human Resource Practices and Organizational Ambidexterity – An Analysis of the Importance of Internal Labor Market Dynamics for a Highly Qualified External Workforce, Journal of Business Economics, 83(8): 923-946.
Books and book chapters:
- Flickinger, M. & Klarner, P. (2016): Trustworthiness in Interorganizational Change Processes: Lessons from Selling Assets, Schriesheim, C. A. & Neider, L. L. (eds.) Research in Management: Perspectives on Organizational Change and Transformations, 11: 45-76.
- Flickinger, M. (2009): The Institutionalization of Divestitures: A Meta-Analysis of Stock Market Performance, Gabler Verlag, Wiesbaden.