Welcome to the Department of Management
The Department of Management is an international center of management research. Research results are regularly published in internationally renowned journals (e.g., Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Organizational Science, Organization Studies, Journal of International Business Studies, Strategic Management Journal). Additionally, members of the Department publish influential German language textbooks and journals (e.g., Managementforschung). Several international conferences were organized and chaired by the Department’s members (e.g., EGOS, SMS). A core concern of the department is the doctoral program „Pfade organisatorischer Prozesse“, sponsored by the German research foundation DFG as well as the Research Group "Organized Creativity". Also the international "Garment Supply Chain Governance Project", which is funded by the VolkswagenFoundation, is located within Business Administration
The Department encompasses four chairs:
- Organization and Leadership (Univ.-Prof. Dr. Miriam Flickinger and Prof. Georg Schreyögg, retired)
- Human Resource Management (Prof. Gregory Jackson)
- Strategic Management (Prof. Thomas Mellewigt and Prof. a.D. Rudi Bresser, retired)
- Alliances and Networks (Prof. Jörg Sydow)
Two Junior Professorships are also part of the Department of Management:
- Project Management (Prof. Timo Braun)
- Management (Prof. Dr. Stefan Razinskas)
- Management & Diversity (Prof. Dr. Mona Weiss)
You can obtain additional information by clicking on the above names.
For matters relating to innovation research, corporate innovative capability and innovation management, the department cooperates with Univ.-Prof. Dr. Carsten Dreher.