Dr. Stephan Duschek
- Studies of Business Administration and Economics at the University of Mannheim and at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal. Postgraduate Degree Course in Business Administration and Economics (Diplom – equivalent to MBA – in 1994)
- Student Assistant at the Institute of Planning and Organization (Prof. Dr. Günther Ortmann), Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal
- 1996: Research Assistant in the research project “Inter-organizational networks of airport operating businesses?” at the Freie Universität Berlin, promoted by external funding
- 1996-2001: Research Assistant at the Institute of Business Administration and Economics (Prof. Dr. Joerg Sydow) at the Freie Universität Berlin
- 2000: Completion of doctorate (Dr. rer. pol.)
- Since 07/2001 Assistant Professor at the Institute of Business Administration, now Institute of Management. Principal investigator in the research project “A network typology of competence development”, promoted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- Responsible Co-Researcher of the Doctoral Program “Research on Organizational Paths”, sponsored by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft).
Publications in English
- Duschek, S. (2004): Inter-firm resources and sustained competitive advantage. In: Management Revue 15 (1), S. 53-73.
Conference Papers in English
- Becker, A./Brauner, E./Duschek, S. (2005): Transactive Knowledge Systems and Competitive Advantage: Re-Conceptualizing Knowledge in the Knowledge-Based Perspective of the Firm. Paper presented at 21st EGOS-Colloquium: "Unlocking Organizations". Subtheme 18: When Organization Studies Meet Economics: Alternative Philosophies of Knowledge Management and the Theory of the Firm. June 30 - July 2, 2005 Freie Universität Berlin
- Becker, A./Duschek, S. (2002): Going Beyond the Resources Given: A Structurationist View on Knowledge and Strategic Management. Paper presented at “The Third European Conference of Organizational Knowledge, Learning, and Capabilities”, April 5-6, 2002, Athens, Greece (zusammen mit Albrecht Beck)
Fields of research
- Inter-Firm Cooperations
- Management- und Organisational Research
- Strategic Management
- Innovation- and Knowledge Management
- Path Dependance Research