How to apply for thesis supervision
If you are interested in writing your Bachelor's or Master’s thesis with the Junior Professorship of Management, please get in touch with Professor Razinskas prior to applying for thesis supervision. You can initiate the discussion of potential topics with him by using the contact details offered in the contact section of this website. Your topic should match the professorship’s research portfolio that includes the areas of teams and collaboration, leadership and self-awareness, as well as stress and resilience. Further information about these research areas and their contents is summarized here.
Please note that students are assigned to their final topics after their applications for thesis supervision have been accepted and that they are required to have participated in the course Literaturrecherche für Finalisten des Fachbereichs Wirtschaftswissenschaft offered by the Library of Economics prior to the thesis registration. Providing evidence of the successful participation is mandatory before officially registering a thesis written with the Junior Professorship of Management.
Please comply with the following instructions when applying for thesis supervision with the Junior Professorship of Management being your first preference (i.e., do not apply if this professorship is not your first choice):
- Applications to the professorship of your first preference need to be submitted no later than April 15th for theses to be written in the summer term and no later than October 15th for theses to be written in the winter term, respectively.
- When submitting your application, please demonstrate your motivation in writing your thesis with the Junior Professorship of Management by describing, at least, your own thematic interests and how they fit to the topics dealt with at the professorship. In your e-mail, please also confirm that writing your thesis with the Junior Professorship of Management is your first preference and that you are aware of (and comply with) the rule that submitting multiple applications to different professorships is forbidden.
- Please download your program’s application form here. In an attempt to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), applications for supervision are only accepted electronically at the moment. Thus, please fill in and sign the application form and then send a scanned version of it via e-mail to Professor Razinskas.
- When electronically handing in your application form, please also attach both a Curriculum Vitae and a current transcript of records documenting your grades and credits. You can access this overview using Campus Management.
- Both acceptances and rejections for thesis supervision will be sent out by the end of April for theses to be written in the summer term and by the end of October for theses to be written in the winter term, respectively.
- If you are accepted for your thesis being supervised by the Junior Professorship of Management, you will discuss the specific topic of your thesis in a virtual meeting with Professor Razinskas. He will then prepare and submit the official registration after having received the proof of your successful participation in the course Literaturrecherche für Finalisten des Fachbereichs Wirtschaftswissenschaft.