- The meeting invites professors, post-doctoral and doctoral researchers to present and discuss our own work, as well as cross-cutting themes of mutual interest (e.g. particular theories, methods, etc.);
- A “study group” based on mutual learning and interdisciplinary approach;
- A broad-based initiative across Berlin universities and research institutes;
- Monthly meeting of 2 hours during the teaching semester;
- Each meeting involves the presentation and discussion of two papers, normally on a related theme.
- Lecture Series in the Area of Finance, Accounting, Taxation & Supplements (FACTS)
- Target Group: Practitioners, Scholars, and Students
Doctoral Candidate Seminars
- Various chairs regularly offer doctoral candidate seminars focusing on various topics, many of them within the school’s doctoral programs: BDPEMS and DPBR
- If you are interested in these seminars, please contact the relevant department or institute at the school to ask for information.
A cross-chair event centering on presentation and discussion of preferably semi-finished products of research, such as internally and externally funded projects, excerpts from dissertation projects or manuscripts that are intended to lead at some point to a scholarly presentation or a relevant publication
Target group: researchers and scholars with a focus on business administration who wish to present their projects and discuss them with an interested audience
Every two weeks during the semester
- Event series on management case studies, discussion of theory and practice
- Students present a solution for the case, and prominent representatives of theory and practice comment on the suggested solutions from their respective perspectives
- Hosting chair: Dr. G. Schreyögg, Professor
- Presentation and discussion event on changing topics, with the general theme of “enterprise networks”
- Chairs involved: Dr. Jörg Sydow, Professor, often in cooperation with Dr. Arnold Windeler, Professor (Institute of Sociology, TU Berlin)
- Within the scope of the Quantitative Economic Colloquium, economic researchers, generally external ones, open up discussion of their own research work that deals with empirical issues or contributes to the methods used in the fields of statistics and econometrics. The colloquium is aimed at interested members of the school, doctoral candidates and students. It is held in German or English.
Within the scope of the Research Seminar in Economics, economic researchers, generally external ones, open up discussion of their own research work. The Research Seminar in Economics is aimed at interested members of the school, doctoral candidates and students, and is held in German or English.
Weekly presentations by external scholars and researchers on multifaceted current research topics in the field of economics
Target group: professors, employees, external doctoral candidates, interested and advanced students
Weekly presentation of research papers with a focus on theoretical and applied microeconomics
Target group: researchers with a focus on microeconomics and interested doctoral candidates
"Economics and Politics" Seminar Series at the WZB (Berlin Social Science Center)
- Forum for current topics in theoretical and applied microeconomics as well as political economy
- A range of speakers with broad interests is included with the aim of fostering dialogue both within microeconomics and between economics and political science
- Target group: scholars and researchers • For further information, please visit: http://www.wz-berlin.de/